Saturday, May 30, 2009

Paper Fix Up

I have a file box that I keep my 8x10" scrapbook paper in. I also have a 3 ring binder with page protectors to organize my stickers. I wanted to keep them out on the bookshelves, but they're ugly.So....I perused the scrapbook paper cache and found great paper from the "Once Upon A Time" stack. The fairy wings and flowers are glittery...and you know I couldn't pass that up! I cut the paper to fit the front of the binder, glued it down, and covered it with clear contact paper.The file box was a bit trickier...I took foil and pressed it down on the file box to make the pattern.Then, cut it out, traced it onto the back of the paper, and did a repeat finish like the binder.I think it turned out fabulously! Functionality can be gorgeous with a little time and effort. I think this project took all of 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Hi Heidi,
What an awesome idea. They turned out great. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessins,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage