Monday, March 7, 2011

Info to make an Irish Dance Dress


 This week's link is to a great tutorial on how to make an Irish dance competition dress. I made one for my daughter last year. You can read the first post in that saga here. I used some of the techniques presented in the tutorial and it gave me an overall idea of what was involved. Now, I know y'all probably aren't gonna run out and make one of these but its an informative look at the construction of a complicated piece. If you'd like to buy a used one similar to the dresses pictured here, visit Dance Again. I didn't make any of the dresses pictured here. These are just examples of what you might find on the Dance Again website.If you're interested in Celtic applique here are some great links to patterns that might be used for that...
Foursquare Celtic Knot
Several Celtic Knot Circles and Trinities
Trinity(This is the one I used on Miss H's dress.)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Those are beautiful Heidi! You have become quite an accomplished seamstress! :)

Miss Heidi said...

Thanks Ging. Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't make the dresses pictured in the post. I was just showing an example of what's out there. I've clarified that in the post now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.