Monday, September 26, 2011

Disappointments

Warning...there are no happy creations, interesting tutorials, or fun links in this post. I'm rather melancholy today and need to get something off my chest. So, read on if you wish or come back another day for fun and adventure in my universe. :)

I usually don't post journal style entries on this blog, but this week life's disappointments do affect my creative genius and planned adventures.

My family was shaken this week when my husband's boss flipped out and "disciplined" him for not telling her where he was going on vacation. Yes, you read that correctly. There is more to the story of course, but the outburst, content of the episode, and resulting disciplinary actions were illogical, avoidable, and completely unnecessary. I often wonder if people who lash out at others ever actually think about the consequences of their anger. Obviously they aren't considering anything other than their selfishness while having an episode, but do they regret their aggressive behavior later? Do they realize how irrational their thinking was on the issue? Of course, people who do this don't generally apologize either.

The relevant disappointment is that we had to give up going to the Steampunk event I'd been looking forward to for months. The "discipline" cost us 3 days wages and I had to tighten the budget belt. The disappointment of injustice is more heinously stinging than receiving any kind of bad news or punishment deserved.

I'll be looking for another family SP event in the future, and I'll be attending a con with my daughter in a month or so. I was hoping to finish another SP dress for that, but for now my motivation is dragging on the ground. I have two other costumes to make before I can start on it, so we'll see.

2 comments:

Lavenrose said...

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. :( It especially sucks for you too, since you were looking so forward to attending the event. Hope you can go another time and I wish you the best of luck in getting everything together.

Lady Weaver said...

That's tough. I'm sorry you weren't able to go - I was looking forward to seeing your pictures from the event.
I'll be praying for you. It's hard when you have to tighten an already tight budget belt (I know first hand...)