Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Steampunk Symposium 2012

We headed up town to the Steampunk Symposium last weekend. Alas...I didn't take a camera. :( Lord McCormick accompanied me and managed to snap a photo or two with his phone...which isn't the best. There were workshops, airship races, shopping, and dancing. Not to mention all the mingling and photo ops! There are a ton of photos out there, which I can't put on my blog because I don't own them. Here is a link to see more.

So, without further ado, Friday's festivities.
1. We were on the balcony overlooking the ballroom...
2. Lord McCormick wearing his mask, complete with cyborg monacle and earpiece...
3. Lady McCormick in her traveling attire...
On to Saturday's long and eventful day, and the debut of the Scarlett's Gone Steampunk dress. I actually won an award at the costume contest for the most elaborate costume! I suspect it was because of the large amount of embroidery and massive double bustle. I was pleasantly surprised...(not really, I was actually giddy with excitement)!
1. Lord and Lady McCormick...
2. Lady McCormick helping the Great Zalikir with an illusion most fascinating...
3. Lord McCormick and Steampunk Boba Fett...
We staggered back on Sunday for a while. Lady McCormick managed to corner Captain Reynolds (who hails from the Firefly class ship, Serenity).Whew! It was a very fun weekend! Miss H joined us on Saturday afternoon and a lovely time was had by all.

1 comment:

Crescent Moon said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I had been able to go. Your outfits look fantastic and that really is a very convincing Capt. Mal.